So I've been apartment hunting on my own for the past week or so. I know nothing about D.C. except that I want to live in the Northwest. Obviously it takes time to get to know a city, but I've got about a month or so before I need to get my butt out of Brian's place, so I've been gathering some data. In my reconnaissance I've come up with a few steps to help me get a feel for a place:
Step 1: Smile at everyone. If they smile back, I might want to live in that neighborhood. If they give you a blank stare, proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Smile wider. If they smile back, I might want to live in that neighborhood. If they reply with a "Hey baby, how you doin'" a la Joey Tribbiani, proceed to step 3.
Step 3: Walk faster and start counting the bums. If they are congregating in large groups, proceed to step 4.
Step 4: Find a different neighborhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment