Last night my friend Matt Holly invited me to a house party in D.C. to celebrate the beginning of a friend's bike trip to Cancun for a climate summit event. I met Matt at Ragtag this summer, his sister dates my dear friend Kyle and he lives in D.C.. Anyway, the party last night was wonderful. So many cool people, I listened to great live music, watched some sweet hula hooping and met some really nice folks. It reminded me of Columbia and I definitely had one of my best nights thus far in Washington.
Anyway, stayed up til the crack of dawn hanging out with Brian and his friends and woke up late this afternoon and headed over to Misha's. And low and behold, who do I meet outside, but Matt's friends who had played the show last night! We started talking and I found out they played at the True/False Film Fest last year. We have a bunch of mutual friends. How crazy is that? My first week in a new city and I'm standing outside a coffee shop reminiscing about the glory of T/F and Sparky's.
Anyway, these guys are on a bike & music tour (separate from the guys going to Mexico), so check 'em out!
No comments:
Post a Comment