Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!

Nancy Anderson is here! Last night Nancy, Karissa & I were hard at work in the kitchen. Nancy made a pecan pie. I made my Grandma's pink jello salad and Karissa made some mad-delicious smelling rice. Omar, Nancy's adorable lab/blue heeler/sharpei, stood by patiently begging for scraps.

Since Nance got here I have been laughing a lot more and way less uptight. It is nice to have someone around who isn't a D.C. professional and who knows how to have a blast. It has also been amazing to have a few days off for the holiday. 

We went to see an apartment yesterday in Capitol Hill. Nancy said she had a feeling about this one, even though it was the first apartment she'd gone to see. Turns out, the realtors were amazing, the apartment was enormous, parking was free and I had a feeling about it too. Anyway, we filled out the application right there in the kitchen and they should get back to us sometime this weekend. Hopefully we'll move in next week--not that we have much to move in. 

I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday! I'm sad I can't go hiking with my Uncle David on my grandparents' hill in Patterson, Missouri. Sad I can't shoot off bottle rockets with Kyle. Bummed to be way from my Mom and Dad and the rest of my loving family. But I am thankful for amazing friends this year. And also thankful that they convinced me to buy everything we wanted to for our thanksgiving feast. It is going to be fe-no-me-nal!

No comments:

Post a Comment